"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey Day pictures

Wow! What a long weekend! Am I the only one that had a hard time getting up and facing reality this morning??

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I fully intend on blogging about mine later, but seeing how I haven't been at work since last Wednesday, I should probably get busy here.

I'm way behind on reading y'all's stuff. I honestly haven't looked at a computer screen in five days. I'll catch up though...eventually. Probably not today.

I'll leave you with some pictures from Turkey Day.

Me and Sean, Thanksgiving morning.
Sean and the Murph-dog, playing the guitar. He actually taught me FIVE chords this weekend. I'm well on my way to being a rockstar. (I know five chords isn't much, don't ruin my delusion.)
My cousin Jessica, me and Sean. Yes...I'm short.

10 comments:

Diane said...

I burst out laughing at the last picture and your 'yes, I'm short' comment. I did think your brother might just be freakishly tall... but yeah, you're short ;). But as my (5 foot tall) mother says, 'Good things come in small packages!'

Anonymous said...

Actually Diane, cousin Jessica is very tall for a girl - (her mom is 6 feet tall) which makes Heather's 5'3"'s seem that much shorter.

M

Jenners said...

Cute photos! You are so adorable! As a fellow shortie, I know the feeling when there is a big dip in the picture where you are standing!

Anonymous said...

As one of the short people in the family, I agree with Diane's mom about good things coming in small packages. Great pictures! Can't wait to see more.

AJ

Jen L. said...

Remember that I am only five feet tall and, therefore, understand your pain. Perhaps we should name our band "The Short Cousins." It has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Melanie Gillispie said...

I'm glad you had a good time! 5 chords sounds like plenty...what's that saying, 3 chords and the truth? You can write your own country song now!

ps...you're still an inch taller than I am. Short(er) girls of the world unite!

hebba said...

DAMN! After seeing that picture, I thought I was taller than you! Then I read them comments and saw that you are 3 inches taller. GRRR.

Jen L. said...

I am pleased to see that the majority of your readership consists of short chicks. They may be in our band. I've decided I want to play the tambourine or the triangle. And the keyboard if we can do some Erasure covers.

Andy - Instafather said...

I can't play a guitar to save my lift, so you're ahead of me at least.

Andy - Instafather said...

The word I was going for there is life. Not lift. I don't know what to save my lift means.