I’ve finally learned the reason behind that age-old warning.
I went over to Jenner’s blog today and noticed a neat little game she had taken part in. It seemed like a lot of fun. You get to list ten of your favorite things — with a little twist. The blogger that you take the game from gets to pick a letter for you, and each item on your list must start with the letter you’ve been assigned.
Well Jenners let her four-year-old Little Man pick out my letter. And guess what the precious child chose for me?
Thank you Little Man. This will definitely stretch my vocabulary skills to the max. I’m not sure I know ten things that start with Z, let alone ten things that I’d classify as favorites.
So, why don’t we get started and see where this takes us?
- Ziti – I am a pasta fanatic. I keep meaning to try the baked ziti recipe from Jessica’s blog and haven’t gotten around to it yet. Low-carb diet? Not in a million years.
- Zoo-light safari – Every Christmas, the Birmingham zoo is decked out in Christmas decorations. It’s a lot of fun to bundle up and walk through the lights. And of course, you HAVE to ride the train. But a little warning: Don’t mess with the lights!! A few years ago, while we were standing in line for the train, I got a little fidgety and started twisting one of the bulbs. Well, it fell out – causing a whole strand to go dark, and leaving me feeling around on the ground trying to find the missing bulb. Oops.
- Zippers – How much easier are things with zippers? Seriously, think of how long it would take if everything you currently own with zippers had to be fastened with buttons.
- Zinnias – I LOVE these flowers. They’re so bright and cheery. They make me ready for spring. I’m starting to miss all of the pretty flowers now that it’s frigid outside. I keep trying to focus on the negatives so I don’t get the winter blues… negatives like pollen. Thank God it’s not spring because my allergies would be acting up. See, now I’m happy with winter again.
- Zingers – Those witty little one-liners. I love them. I wish I was quick enough to come up with them more often.
- Zaniness – Everyone needs a little craziness in their life – but only the fun, zany kind. I appreciate an off-beat sense of humor.
- ZZZZZs – Yes, I mean sleep. I love sleep. Sleep is my friend. When I don’t get enough I tend to be very, very cranky – so for your benefit, you should love that I love sleep.
- Zack Morris – I was a huge Saved by the Bell fan. (Show me one person my age that WASN’T and I’ll show you a dirty liar!) When I was in the 5th grade, my friends and I used to pretend we were the characters. Dana and I got sent to the counselors office to resolve our “friendship issues” when we got into a fight about who was the better Kelly. Embarrassing? You bet. But so worth it after she gave in and I won. (I can’t believe I just admitted that.)
- Zodiacs – I love to read my horoscope. Do I honestly believe everything it says? No. But it’s still fun. And sometimes it can be eerily accurate. I’m a Sagittarius, which is a Fire sign. Judging by my sometimes fiery temper, I’d say it’s dead on.
- Zucchini – YUM. Any way, shape, or form. Zucchini bread, fried zucchini, sautéed zucchini, baked zucchini, grilled zucchini…. I have to stop because I’m hungry (and I sound like Bubba from Forest Gump.)
How bout that? I made it! And it wasn’t even that hard.If you want to play, just let me know and I’ll give you a letter. If I can get through Z, you should be able to get through anything I dish out! (Except maybe X. But I won’t be that mean. Maybe.)