"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

726 pounds of love

Sometimes guys can be so sweet. And other times? Well, other times, not so much. Here's just a sample of a conversation Kevin and I had the other night.

K: I love you.
Me: How much?
K: Umm… 726 pounds?
Me: 726 pounds? That’s not very much.
K: Sure it is. That’s like five of me. If I was five times bigger, wouldn’t you think that was a lot?
Me: Yeah, but… that’s not even as much as a tree. There are lots of trees out there that weigh waaay more than 726 pounds.
K: Yeah, but there are some that weigh less.
Me: So you love me more than some, but not as much as others? Think about it! One tree in the WHOLE universe?? That’s not very much.
K: What universe?
Me: OUR universe. What do you mean "what universe?"
K: Well, how do you know it’s really out there? Have you ever seen it?
Me: Don’t try to change the subject! 726 pounds isn’t even as much as one of your cows. You love me less than a cow?
K: Well, if I had compared you to a cow, you would’ve said, “Are you calling me fat?”
Me: That’s so not the point!
K: Sure it is.
Me: UHG!!

What a sweetheart, right? At least he keeps things interesting.

7 comments:

Diane said...

And men say women are difficult! ;)

PS... I like it when you post MORE THAN ONCE A MONTH! Just sayin'.

Jen L. said...

This sounds like a conversation Marcus and I once had:
Me: Do you love me?
Marcus: No, it's Sunday.

Jenners said...

Oh this is just a classic man and woman exchange! I loved it! No matter what a man says, we can always turn it around!

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! You are so nice.

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Wow, he just pulled "726 pounds" out of nowhere? That's like, "picklesicle!"

Yep, a typical man/woman conversation. We confuse them more than they confuse us.

Melanie Gillispie said...

Sadly, I'm much more a guy in my relationships than most girls are (but very girly otherwise for the most part), and 726 pounds sounded like a whole lot to me! Then when you said that it's less than the weight of a tree, I realized that's probably the reason I'm still single! ;)

*Note to self: love weighs more than all the trees in the whole universe.

Jessica said...

Baahaha.. just so you know. I loved this conversation so much that I paused The Biggest Loser and insisted that Trey listened to this. We laughed and laughed. I actually had to wipe a little laugh tear away. Sounds like one of our convos.

P.S.
In the amount of time it took me to write the above comment I heard T chuckling to himself and whispering "726 lbs"

hebba said...

And I was thinking: "726 pounds. How sweet!"

'course, the last sweet nothing I received was: "You are a slut for my bar-b-que steak sandwiches!"

and my response? "I know! These are soo GOOD!"

Maybe I should be setting the bar a little higher?