"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A letter of annoyance

Weekly writing assignment from Mama Kat: Write a letter to someone who bothered you this week.

Dearest Dave,

I have to admit that I had great expectations for you and your friend Daniel on this season of the Biggest Loser. My heart went out to Dan, who at only 19 weighed more than 450 pounds. The show was a positive push in the right direction for him – encouraging him to get healthy and live a longer, happier life. I admired your determination to stand by his side and offer moral support, while taking control of your own health as well.

After your team was split up, you went home to prove to America you could lose weight without the Ranch. Dan worked his butt off to bring you back. He pushed himself to levels he never thought possible. He worked through the pain and lost 60 pounds in just four weeks.

You, on the other hand, went home and stuffed your face with fried chicken. You didn’t exercise. You went back to your daily life with little-to-no regard for the well being of your so-called “best friend”.

To top it all off, when y’all were up for elimination this week, you casually mentioned to the other teams that you didn’t really care if you were there or not. You said you’d just as soon be at home (where you'd be able to hit up the local buffet on a regular basis.) After all of the sweat and tears that Dan poured into his month there, you showed complete disregard and acted out of pure selfishness. You said you felt “trapped” being on the show. How could that be? You were gone for three weeks! What about Blaine, who is sacrificing time with his four children to lose weight and get healthy? Think he feels trapped?

Inevitably, you guys were voted off the show last night. While that might not bother you, it severely ticks me off, because I think you should have sucked it up and toughed it out for your friend.

Fortunately, it seems Dan is determined to do it at home. He’s lost 101 pounds (I think you’ve lost 46?) Thanks to his hard work, he doesn’t have to take his diabetes medication anymore. I expect to see phenomenal results from him at the finale.

You? I’m not so sure about your results. You get what you give, my friend. And so far, you haven’t given a whole heck of a lot.

Irritated in Alabama,
Heather

7 comments:

Diane said...

Wow. I don't watch the show, but I want to kick his ass right now. That, and go on a diet.

ay113sc said...

Loved that! Dave made me very irritated last night also. It was great to see how well Dan is doing. Ron of the brown team was irritating last night also. I think his son could easily do it at home.

Jessie's Mom

Jen L. said...

This is hilarious. I love that it's so business-like. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree. Dan was working so hard, I'm not sure I could run at 4.0 for five straight minutes, he's inspired me to kick up my workouts a notch -

M

Melanie Gillispie said...

I don't watch this show, but I remember seeing the commercials for it and them talking about the 19 year-old. I'm glad I know what happened with him! And, good for him!! Gosh! That's kind of great, isn't it?

J Cosmo Newbery said...

Not a show that makes it to the provinces but I agree with your sentiments.

Jenners said...

I don't watch the show but I am severely irritated now as well. What an ass! Maybe they should have you on the show and give any such contestants a severe talking to!