"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Still kickin' (and squatting and lifting and punching and sweating)

I'm happy to report that I have made it through four sweaty days of the 30 Day Shred - and Jillian hasn't killed me yet.

In all honesty, the workouts (while tough) aren't nearly as scary as I thought they'd be. After reading several blogs about the intensity of the program, I had a sinking feeling in my heart that I wouldn't be able to make it through my first few days. But here I am. And guess what? I've lost 3.2 pounds - SINCE THURSDAY! Heck yeah!! Jillian - I will follow wherever you lead me, my dear.

After only three days of Level 1, I decided to kick it up to Level 2 today. Crazy right? I think most people do Level 1 for at least a week. But I was getting bored, so I figured, "Hey, why not?" Good grief... ten minutes in and I was wondering what I had done. But I made it all the way through, which made me feel really good. Maybe I'll attempt Level 3 tomorrow. (Hahaha... yeah. That was joke.)

In other news, I'm missing my family reunion in Mobile today. While I'm pretty bummed about it, I think I really needed to stay home this weekend. I've been on the road so much lately - I felt like it was time to get caught up on some things here. There's a line in one of my favorite songs that says, "I'm buried in my bedroom until 14 feet of clothes. I could drown in all this clutter, I suppose." Yeah... I know the feeling.

On that note, I hear the dryer buzzer. Time to fold...

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep it up! I did 10 days of level 1 mostly just to split them all up evenly. I NEVER stick to anything. I did the Billy Blanks Basic Training dvd and I couldnt make it through the whole thing (Have I said this before?) but the 30 Day Shred is an easy kind of hard :P Tomorrow I start Level 3. Level 2 kicked my butt...or my shoulders I guess. They hated it!

Diane said...

Good for you, darlin'!! You're braver than I am, though. I'll just bask in your sweaty glow :)

Savannah Reed said...

I am so proud of you for losing that weight! Keep it up! We missed you at the reunion today too! It was nice. It was different this year without grandpa. Grandma had brought a picture that had a poem on it that the funeral home had done. The poem fit him to the T. Love you!

Kyle said...

for some reason it wont let me "follow" your blog. Weak. Loved what you said about 5 guys. I LOOOOOVE that place, hence my gut.

LEFT HAND!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, I need to find that ambition soon!

Sally's World said...

wow, it sounds quite scary to me, well done for keeping at it so far xxx

RileyScott said...

congrats Heather, I myself have lost a few pounds, we're doing it! Keep it up!

Sherri Murphy said...

I can't believe you've lost that much already!

Makes even ole lazy me want to give it a try!

Dan Felstead said...

YOU GO GIRL! Since I am old and lazy...I will share your triumphs at least in spirit with you!

Dan

septembermom said...

Good for you Heather! You're doing great, you survived so far :) Congrats!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

yay you!!!!! and wow losing pounds so fast...thats really awesome!!!!

Lacey said...

Yay! Good for you!

(My dryer buzzer went off five minutes ago... sigh.)

Jenners said...

Well good for you!! Woo hoo girl! If you last all 30 days, then I'll be shredding! I'm a woman of my word. (I'm scared though... really scared.)

Kim said...

Awesome and motivating. I haven't heard of her program but I need to get my butt in gear. I'm usually pretty good at working out but since Deaglan arrived on the scene all of my priorities got re-shifted:)