"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Monday, June 29, 2009

Back from Destin

Well, I'm back from another fantastic weekend. I only wish it had lasted longer!

We had a wonderful time in Destin - even though our feet never actually touched the sand. Weird, I know. Saturday was spent strolling around the Destin Commons, finding some cute summer clothes for work. I found two adorable skirts at Ann Taylor Loft - which was a huge accomplishment for me. I NEVER wear skirts.

Saturday evening we went to one of my favorite places - AJ's Seafood and Oyster Bar. YUM.



We had to wait for awhile because it was slam-packed with people ready to get their eat on. Luckily for us, the place sits on the water, so we strolled up and down the harbor looking at the boats and enjoying some icy margaritas. By the time our drinks were finished, our table was ready.

After supper we caught a late showing of Transformers, which I LOVED. Kevin mentioned that he wanted to see the new Terminator flick, too - but it was 12:30 when our first movie was over. We could have caught the 12:40 Terminator, but were both too tired, so we called it a night.

We stayed at the Grand Sandestin at Baytowne Wharf. It was beautiful. The resort sits on the bay and is surrounded by a cute little village of shops and eateries.





I tried to take more pictures, but y'all it was so humid, my camera lens kept fogging up. Look:

We slept in and took our time getting ready yesterday morning, then headed over to the outlet shops to browse for a bit. Then, after a yummy lunch at Hogs Breath, we sadly began our drive home. But not without a quick stop at the Eglin Air Force Base Armament Museum. Kevin is a helicopter nerd. He loves them, so he really enjoyed walking around and looking at all of the aircraft.


We're definitely going to go back soon. Hopefully for a longer stay. And maybe we'll even make it to the beach next time!

15 comments:

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

looks like a fantabulous week-end!!!! And you even got clothes thats always a huge bonus!!! hehehe

Lacey said...

What a great weekend! And I'm with you on the skirt thing... when I can find something I like and will actually wear... well... basically pigs start growing wings, haha.

The restaurant name "Hogs Breath" scares me. Seriously.

I'm so glad you had so much fun!

scarlethue said...

I know where that chair is! Last year we stayed on the beach side of that resort (well beach side in that it's across the highway, but we still had to take a shuttle to the beach). We ate at this nice restaurant over on the bay side... I wish I could remember what it was called. It's cajun, across the sidewalk from Acme. I'm jealous of your outlet trip! Can't wait to get down there in August.

Jacylann Nix said...

what a great time! love your pictures

Dan Felstead said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I laughed when you said you never touched the sand! That is the sign of a person who lives that close to the ocean...no big deal. If I were going to Destin....I WOULD HAVE TO GET IN THE WATER! Not many saltwater sand beaches around southern Indiana!

Dan

Diane said...

So your 'Beach Bound' post was a lie?! I'm shocked and appalled!

I still love you, though.

Liar liar pants on fire.

Anonymous said...

That chair picture is too cute! Wow, it must have been humid to keep fogging up your lens. I don't do well in humidity. :)

Unknown said...

That sounds like a really fun trip and weekend! I love all the pictures!

Stephanie said...

I love all those places! My grandmother lived in a condo in Sandestin for a little while - it was gorgeous! I'm actually headed to Destin in the next week or so to do the same thing, and I can't wait =]

Jenners said...

Glad you had a good trip but I can't believe your feet never touched sand!!!!!!!

p-huong said...

Hog's Breath? What kind of food do they serve there??

I can't believe you didn't touch the sand. That's the first place I would have ran to. Glad to hear you had a great weekend! I love summers. Even weekend trips sound like such a great vacay.

Heather said...

Hog's Breath is a reeeeeeaally good barbeque place. While I LOVE my seafood, no trip to Destin is complete without a stop at Hog's Breath. Strange name, but awesome food!

Brunch at Saks said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Love all the pics :) XO

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I've lived in FLA practically my whole life and have never visited Destin. How can that be?

Kim said...

this sounds like it was perfect! I love skirts only because it's like wearing shorts to work and still look professional!