"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday randomness

Well, either West Nile has come to my street, or Toby finally caught himself a bird. I walked into my backyard yesterday afternoon and nearly stepped on a poor little dead robin. Toby had a really proud look about him, but I haven’t figured out how he could have possibly been the culprit. Birds fly, right? Surely he’s wasn’t quick enough to pounce on it before it could fly away.

The saddest part was trying to figure out what to do with it (besides giving it to Toby, who seemed all too eager to chew on it for awhile.) I ended up tossing it in the outside garbage can, but that felt pretty cruel. What’s the proper way to dispose of a dead bird, anyway?

On a completely unrelated note, are any of you following American Idol this year? I’m kind of in love with Danny Gokey and Adam Lambert. But a little part of me feels like I’m betraying David Cook… I’m allowed to have a new Idol boyfriend since it’s a new season, right? I think those are the rules. (Jen, help me out here.)

Yes, even with the black outfit, black finger nails, black hair, black gloves, black eyeliner and giant gold chains, I can't help but love this guy.

Oh, and one last thing -

I found this little game at over at BookKitten's blog, it's called Friday Fill-ins. If you want to play, go right ahead. It's pretty self-explanatory.

1. I'm clumsy, I'm sarcastic, I try to find humor in everything.

2. Why do I have short, stubby legs and not long, graceful ones?

3. How does this whole "being a grownup" thing work, anyway?

4. Every morning, I put a big, steaming hot cup of coffee on my desk.

5. I consider myself lucky because I have a wonderful family and friends who love me and make me laugh.

6. One day we’ll see God.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having dinner with my family in Birmingham, tomorrow my plans include going to Chase's Blue Gold Banquet and Sunday, I want to come home and rest from my weekend on the road!

Have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

Jenners said...

Dead bird = wrapped in plastic bag and tossed in garbage. Wear gloves. Get someone else to do it if possible. Do not attempt to cook and eat -- no matter how hungry you may be.

And I'm not a big Idol watcher, but doesn't this guy look just like David Cook kind of -- the hair and all? I guess you have a type.

And are you going on your trip and visit Diane soon???????? Is that your road trip you were talking about?

Jen L. said...

Oh, my gosh, Jenners. "Do not attempt to cook and eat." CRACKS ME UP!

Yes, it's a new season and we are allowed to have a new Idol boyfriend. And you have chosen correctly in Adam. I just told my mom this morning that he's my new Idol boyfriend.

Drop by if you have some free time this weekend and let Dean blow you a kiss!

Lacey said...

Awwww... poor bird. Hey though! Maybe Toby could get a job in pest control!

I have a thing for guys who wear black nail polish. But I don't watch American Idol. Hm.

Have a great weekend!!!

Missy said...

They had a dead bird burial ceremony on the bachelor! You did the right thing! I like you AI boyfriend! Very cute! Have a great weekend!

Kitten said...

Heather, I may be 33 years old in a few days, but I am still trying to figure out the whole "how to be a grownup" thing.

As for the dead bird...I have enough trouble with dead rodents!

Blog Stalker said...

Just toss the bird in the trash!

David Cook rawked and Danny is the pick this year! Lambert seems too......... something, but very talented

Your meme was very cool, might borrow that in the future!

Have a great day!

SweetPeaSurry said...

I'm in love with Kris Allen, I fell in love with him last night. It's the first time I've watched the show.

He's sooo unbelievably FINE!

Unknown said...

West Nile came through here a couple of years ago. If the local health department in not collecting samples, then wrap and dispose or incinerate.

Don't watch TV so can't comment on Idol.

mo_inoh said...

MAKES YOU WONDER WHO WIN THIS YEAR. SOME TIMES I THINK ITS FIXED LOL OR NOT

Melanie Gillispie said...

As I am an expert in all things fake boyfriend-y, you can absolutely have new and different ones all the time. If there's one that tends to linger for awhile, he is your permanent fake boyfriend. The only rule is that you must admit that you're cheating on him with other fake boyfriends. You know, just to clear the air. As he is a fake boyfriend, there's nothing he can do about it anyway.

I must go now before I sound even more crazy than I do now.