"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm NOT old!! Right??

Somebody please tell me when 24 became old. Seriously… last time I checked, I was still a young woman, right? I don’t know. Several people have been saying otherwise.

For instance, when I called to tell my little brother happy birthday this morning he responded by calling me an old woman. Look here Bubba, you’re not that much younger than me! It hasn’t been that long since I was 17, too. (Okay… it’s been seven years. But it doesn’t feel like it!)

And he’s not the only one. My guitar teacher told me I was nearly ancient. He’s only two years younger than me! As far as I’m concerned, that makes him decrepit, too.

Then – and this one might take the crown – I was called an old maid by the waiter at the Mexican restaurant a few months ago. His exact words were, “Wow, 24…shouldn’t you be poppin’ out some puppies pretty soon?” Poppin’ out some puppies?! What the hell, man??

Guys, let me assure you – you get no points for calling a woman old or ancient, and you get NEGATIVE points for telling her to hurry up and pop out some puppies before she can’t anymore. Just thought I’d give you a heads up on that one.

But seriously, happy birthday Sean. Just remember – one day you’ll be old, too. And trust me, I’ll be the first to call you names and steal your walker.

Sean and his friend, Ricky, celebrating their birthdays together.

12 comments:

Jenners said...

If 24 is old, then I'm an old crone who is on the brink of death ... and that is not true at all! Your brother is full of it! But Happy Birthday to him anyway!

Unknown said...

Your brother was born on a good day ;) I think its just right to make fun of anyone older. I turned 23 and feel young...yet hubby who is 24 (25 in July) is OLD and halfway to 50 LOL

Jen L. said...

Wow. If you're old, guess I should have already reserved my spot at the nursing home...

I hope the dude at the Mexican restaurant got a splash of salsa on his pants. What a doof.

Kelly said...

Obviously only the male species think this way!! Boys can really say some stupid stuff...

Rachel Cotterill said...

I still haven't got over the fact that I'm now old enough that people think I want to know I look young for my age. If that makes any sense at all! :)

Blog Stalker said...

Oh how I wish I was 24 again....lol not really, unless I knew what I know now. By the time I was 150 I really knew what I wanted in life.

Personally being asked what it was like before electricity or the wheel are my favorite comments!

Have a great day!

SweetPeaSurry said...

girl ... I'm 36 and don't feel 'old' or 'decrepit' ... nor do I hear a magical clock ticking in my head loudly and off key signalling babymaking time. Sheesh ... peeps need to get a grip!!!

Anonymous said...

According to science hmmm I am a male you will have to read and explain this to yerself"Most women (98%) are fertile through their early twenties. Yet by their mid thirties, the infertility rate increases to almost 30%. This phenomenon, referred to as the “biological clock”, is a direct result of the limited egg supply with which each woman is born."


Blog Hopping brought me here. Nice Site

mo_inoh said...

old come on i am about to turn 39 i guesst thats really old then, your as old as you feel. dam i am old. lol

Lacey said...

I can totally relate to this post. It's horrible! We're not old... we're not old...

Heather? Are we old?!?! Please tell me we're not old...

Melanie Gillispie said...

Oh God! I just turned completely gray! Poppin' out some puppies, huh? Wow! I'm guessing with that sparkling wit, nobody is asking him to assist in any puppy-popping.

Anonymous said...

if you are old, i am methusaleh. party in your 20s, enjoy your 30s and the 40s is where it starts sister!