"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Friday, October 17, 2008

Get a life

I apologize in advance for sounding so angry, but it's time to vent a little:

I HATE when people try to meddle in your business and attempt to mess up a good thing. Kevin and I have been seeing each other for awhile now. Things have been great. We laugh together, we both enjoy the outdoors, we get along wonderfully. He's the yin to my yang. He can calm me down when I get worked up, make me laugh when I want to cry and tell me things will be okay when my world seems to be falling apart. (Note: It's never actually falling apart. I tend to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.) I would NEVER in a million years to do anything to hurt him.

I don't know if other people just can't accept the fact that I'm happy, or if they just have nothing better to do, but for some reason someone has decided to tell Kevin that I'm "talking to" someone else. Let's see, on a regular basis, I talk to Kevin, Mama, Daddy, the people at work, occasionally Morgan and Meredith, and oh...that's about it. I'm living in a town where I know almost no one and my dog ate my phone leaving me with no phone numbers. How does this anonymous meddler figure I'm talking to someone? Look people, Kevin and I already live an hour apart, we don't need someone planting suspicions and making things difficult.

My advice, don't start rumors about people just because you're not happy and don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong. It takes a lot to make me mad, but this person has crossed the line.

Get a life and leave mine alone.
Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest.
Friendlier posts will follow shortly...

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I hate that that happened to you. Some people are just so miserable that they can't stand to see other people happy. Try not to let it get to you!
Enjoy the weekend!

Clementina said...

Hi, enjoyed your post. Yes, people can be silly at times. Next time, say nothing. Just smile mysteriously and whistle.

Lacey in the Sky said...

It really bugs me that some people never grow out of that high school drama mentality. It's just so ridiculous and such a waste of time. Don't waste your energy on it like they did! As long as he knows you're being honest... don't let it work you up!

Hope it all clears itself up soon :)

Southern Dialogue said...

Wow!! That kind of stuff happens to everyone?!? I hate that although we feel we are 'grown up' others like to remind us that not everyone is quite there yet...haha! When I have to deal with those situations..I like to kill them with kindness! Eats 'em up!!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Wow, sounds like a bad flashback to junior high school.