"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Monday, July 20, 2009

Excited? Duh...

Guess what time it is?!

Time for me to get super excited about my trip. Yes, friends. As soon as I get off work tomorrow afternoon, I’m heading to Birmingham to meet up with my family. By Wednesday evening, our adventure out West will officially begin.

We’ll fly into Billings, MT and make our way down to Jackson, WY over the course of the week. We’ll explore as much of Yellowstone as we can, before reaching the Grand Tetons and seeing some of – in my opinion – the most spectacular scenery in the country.

I still haven’t packed. I know, I know… way to wait till the last minute, right? I spent most of the weekend swimming and hanging out with friends and just couldn’t get myself into organize and pack mode. I have my very first Junior Service League meeting tonight (yep, I’m trying to get involved in my community) but as soon as that’s over, I’ll be running around like a chicken with my head cut off, throwing anything and everything I can think of into my suitcase.

I’m dropping Ollie off at my friend Kelley’s house tonight – then running by the doggie daycare first thing tomorrow morning to drop off Toby. I’m a little sad to be leaving my babies for so long, but I know they’ll be well taken care of.

Anyway, this will probably be my last post for awhile. I’ll be sure to take lots and lots of pictures of the gorgeousness to share with you when I get back. In the meantime, check out some of these images I stole from various places on the Web:


See you on the other side of my vacation!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like an amazing trip! Have fun and be safe! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful pictures and can't wait to see all of yours.

Have a wonderful vacation Heather!

scarlethue said...

So glad you're getting involved in your community :)

Have fun!! I know you will.

Kelly said...

Have a great time on your vacay!! Cannot wait to see the pics!

septembermom said...

Have a happy, safe, fun trip, Heather! Those photos make me want to hitch a ride with you and enjoy the view. Looking forward to all the photos:)

Kimberly @ Bookmark To Blog said...

Those pictures are stunning! Looks like an amazing trip. Have fun!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

awesome pics...sounds like a good time will be had by YOU!!! Im so jealous!!!! I will be patiently waiting for your return so you can tell us all about it....ENJOY!!!!

RileyScott said...

have a great time Heather!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

beautiful pictures, sounds like an awesome time have funnnnnn!

Diane said...

Have a WONDERFUL, SAFE trip, darlin'!!!!

Dan Felstead said...

Forget the blog...we will be here when you get back! Enjoy the trip and take it all in...be sure to slow down at times and really appreciate the beauty of it all...find that special spot...mark it and when you are off by yourself...go back to it and just relax in the beauty. Above all ...safe travels.

Dan

Melanie Gillispie said...

Gorgeous pictures! I can't wait to see yours! Have a great and safe trip, and try not to meet up with any wolves, like the one in that picture, k?

Kim said...

Oh I hope you have a wonderful time. I think you need this vacation surrounded by your family. I can't wait to hear all about it!!

bethany@sippinsweetteablog said...

Gorgeousness -- that's a good word! Hope your trip is full of wonderfulness!

Jenners said...

Have so much fun! I know you'll love it! Can't wait to hear all about it and see your photos! Enjoy!

Lacey said...

Oh, those pictures make me so envious! You're going to have the BEST TIME EVER! I can't wait to see the photos of your trip!

H.K. said...

Have a great time on your trip, the pics are beautiful so I know you'll have a great time!

Diane said...

Hope you enjoy every minute of it. Great pics!