"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sitting and waiting.... again

I've truly developed a loathing for airports this week.

I got to Reagan National this morning to find that my noon flight had been canceled due to a "mechanical problem." Obviously I don't want to be on a plane that's experiencing any such problem, but the extra four hour wait will be pretty boring - which is why I just paid six bucks for a two hour Internet connection.

Man, I can't believe the week is over already. It seems like just yesterday I was checking into my hotel. And although I miss everyone back in Alabama, I honestly wish I could stay here awhile longer. There are so many things I didn't get to see. Of course, I think you could stay here for weeks and not see it all. Maybe months. I'll definitely have to come back soon when I have more time to sight see.

I was fortunate enough to spend yesterday evening and this morning with the wonderful Diane. Be very jealous. For those of you who read her blog on a regular basis, I want you to know that she is even more fantastic in real life (I didn't think it was possible!) She is warm, funny, intelligent, charismatic, compassionate, open-minded, non judgemental, thoughtful, honest and interesting. And those few words don't do her justice at all. If - for some crazy reason -you don't already read her blog, you should definitely start. She'll often make you laugh, occasionally make you cry, and always make you think.

Well - I'm off to bury myself in my Kindle for awhile. I have a pretty good book that's just begging to be read. Or maybe I'll stretch out across the seat here and take a nap. Think they'll wake me up before my flight leaves? I probably shouldn't chance it....

6 comments:

Diane said...

Awwwww... right back atcha, darlin'!!!! xo

Anonymous said...

I'm VERY jealous that you were able to meet THE Diane!

I need to know something...
Just how Big IS her butt?
(I won't tell her you said anything- promise!)

Debbie said...

kindle...you lucky gal! are they worth the hype? anyway..saw you on Diane's site and thought I would come over and say hi..and yes I am jealous! how fun for you both!!

Diane said...

Sherri... Heather loves me and will never divulge that information.

Right, Heather? Right?! Bear in mind, I now know a few things about you no other bloggers know... ahem... ;)

Jenners said...

I'm so glad you guys got to meet and found each other to be as fantastic in person as you are on your blogs!!!!!

And whenever you kind of want a trip to be longer, you know it was good one.

What are you reading? You know I have to ask.

Lacey said...

Airport waiting is the WORST! At least you have Internet and Kindle to keep you (somewhat) occupied!