"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wait...what?

So there was this commercial on last night (during House, which did NOT disappoint!) And as I was sitting there listening, accepting whatever it was they were telling me, I had to do a double-take. Let me describe: it was a commercial for a daily asthma medication, that if taken regularly should minimize the risk of attack. BUT...in the side effects list (you know, the one the say really fast at the end like you won't hear the bad stuff?) the woman said "May increase the risk of ASTHMA RELATED DEATH." Are you kidding me? Isn't that why you're taking the medicine? Because you don't want to die?? That's like the anti-depressant commercials that warn, "May cause thoughts of suicide in adolescents." Hmmm...something doesn't sound right with that.

On a related note, I think my dog needs medication. For those of you who have not met Toby, let me just say this: he's a little on the hyper side. Not hyper in a normal sense, by hyper like he took a whole lot of speed and just can't stop moving. He bounces EVERYWHERE. His favorite thing to do lately is hide things...everything. Yesterday it was the remote. After looking for it for 30 minutes, I finally looked under the love seat and discovered a stock-pile of raw hides that I had previously thought he had eaten. And there, in the middle of them all, was my remote. A few teeth marks, but still in tact. So I pulled out all of the hidden treasures and he promptly got to re-hiding them. Some he buried in cushions, others he buried on the living room floor. Well, he thought he buried them. He's a little mental. He digs a pretend hole on the hardwood floor, puts the bone down, then uses his nose to nudge what he obviously sees as dirt all around the bone. Only there's really nothing there. So then he takes a few steps away from his little pretend mound of dirt and looks from it to me, trying to figure out how well it's hidden. Then after a while, he decides I can see it, so he moves it to a new location and starts again. It's a long process.

If only everyone could be so easily entertained.
This is Toby...

.

2 comments:

Jen L. said...

Please tell me you're bringing him this weekend!
The fake burying his HILARIOUS!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.