"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Monday, September 29, 2008

Chew toys and beach bums

Let me begin by saying this: I love my dog. I really do. I can't put any kind of monetary value on his company and friendship. BUT, if he eats one more thing at my house that I have to replace, I'm going to be poor.

Here's a brief summary of some of the things he's destroyed in the past year: countless pairs of socks, an estimated 15 pairs of shoes, two t.v. remotes, a blanket, a suede comforter, three harnesses, two leashes, a collar, two throw pillows, six books, two cell phone chargers, an ungodly amount of toilet paper, a few hats, some DVD cases... the list goes on.

But here's the real kicker — last night, he ate MY CELL PHONE. The bottom half of it is completely chewed up. I can still use the arrow buttons at the top, but that's about it. OH, and he destroyed the part where the charger plugs in, so once the battery dies, that's it. No more phone. I guess I'll be going to Alltel tonight to find a new one. Obviously the two chew toys that Mama bought him this weekend weren't enough to keep him entertained. Good try though.

Somebody please tell me why I love him so much?

Maybe he was getting me back for leaving him alone all day Saturday while we were at the beach. Which was AMAZING, by the way. The weather was absolutely perfect. No clouds, temp in the high 80s, crystal clear water. And I didn't even burn!

(Here we are on the way to the beach!)


We went to play mini-golf, which was really fun until about the 10th hole when everyone was more focused on the prospect of seafood than trying to get the ball in the hole.

(We had to take a picture with the gorilla.)So we rushed through the last few holes and went to the Back Porch, where we proceeded to stuff our faces with shrimp, crab claws, scallops and other tasty beach things. Over all, it was a great day.

(The mother-daughter picture.)


Not to mention Alabama totally upset Georgia Saturday night. Can I get a Roll Tide?

1 comment:

Jen L. said...

ROLL TIDE! :)

You love Toby for the same reasons I love Dean, even though he throws up on me and pulls my hair. He's your baby.

Glad y'all had fun at the beach! Your Mom and Loretta told me all about it during our walk today. I want some Back Porch! I am totally jealous that you played mini golf. I heart mini golf.