"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."
-- Unknown
--

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Today...

Weekly writing assignment from Mama Kat: Today I will...

Today I will have a positive attitude. I won’t dwell on the things I cannot change, but rather embrace the things I can.

I will find things to smile about and reasons to laugh.

I will do at least one thing for me.

I will let the people I love know exactly how much they mean to me, for I’ve come to realize that tomorrow is not promised.

Today I will thank God for the many wonderful blessings in my life.

20 comments:

~j said...

today you will be a ray of sunshine and a blessing to everyone you meet...

Diane said...

This was beautiful. And ditto what Jill said. Of course, you're ALWAYS that... not just today! xo

Kim said...

I echo jill and diane. I'll bet that you are a joy to be around in person - because you certainly are a joy in blogland.

H.K. said...

What a wonderful & inspiring post! You are so right on about making today count & you never know what tomorrow will bring, I think that's they call today, the present.

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

First time to your blog..just wanted to say HELLO!!! And let you know this is a great post!!!

Kitten said...

Thanks for the optimism! I really needed it! :)

Missy said...

Good for you! You will be a blessing!

Jenners said...

Can you put this on a crossstich for me? : )

Unknown said...

Visiting from Mama Kat's. Beautiful post and woohoo for LIncoln Brewster, saw them in concert at the fair last summer with Mark Schultz and Big Daddy Weave! Great tune and great post!

Lotty said...

It's awesome you are very upbeat today. If only everyone were as happy as you are today. Keep smilling. All the best xx

Greener Bangalore said...

wow very neatly put Heather......great going.....

Dan Felstead said...

Heather...great post. I will have to read this again on Friday...It will be a great way to start the weekend!

Dan

Unknown said...

This was such a nice post. I love your background a ton. What a pretty blog.

Jessica said...

Beautiful. We would all do well to do these things today. Thanks for the reminder.

Denise said...

Visiting from Mama Kat's. Great post.. Finding something to smile about and laugh about every single day is critical!

Little Ms Blogger said...

What a great post!

Thanks for sharing.

septembermom said...

All beautiful commitments for the day ahead! You are such a breath of fresh air to all of us who stop by. You send out so much positivity. We all need that attitude boost every once in a while!

Lacey said...

Awww... this was really sweet. And now I'm adding things to my "to-do list." :-)

Anonymous said...

That's right. You feel force!

sunnymn said...

Great